Today was another beautiful day in Bamberg. After I got up and ate, I decided to go on a day trip to Erlangen. Another small German city that no one has ever heard of before. I took the bus - 1.60e- to the Hauptbahnhof and purchased my ticket. I paid twice as much as I needed to because I wasn't paying attention when I bought it. I purchased a ticket for ANY train insted of just local trains. Erlangen is only @20 minutes away and I only needed a local ticket. Anyway, when I got there I made my way to Schloss Platz. The old palace is now, and has been for a very long time, part of the University there. Facing the palace, to the left is a restaurant called Sax. I ate there. I had a water, a half-liter keller beer and the most delicious beef gulasch ever. It came with 6 pieces of bread and I ate every one of them, using them to sop up the incredible gravey. It cost 13e.
After the lunch, I walked down Haupt Strasse and went to the city museum. It cost 4e and really was not worth it. It didn't show anything so interesting. So I left after going through it and went for a walk in the Schloss garden. It was very well kept and very relaxing. Then I stopped for a water and chocolate milkshake - 6e. I left at 3:30 pm and bought the cheap ticket and took the local train home. At the Erlangen train station, as I was buying my ticket, some man offered to drive me to Bamberg for 4e! I said no and he came by and asked again and I said in a loud voice, "I'm not driving anywhere with you!". Can you imagine? 4e wouldn't even pay for the gas to drive from Erlangen to Bamberg. So, Erlangen is a very pretty, quiet city. It is very nice to spend some time walking around there. Maybe there is more to see than I did, but I really think that if someone went there for the day it would be best to take a walking tour and then just spend some time roaming around and stopping for somefood or a drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment