Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday 29 July 2012

   We have been having great weather here in Bamberg and I have been out and about just enjoying the city.  I ate lunch across the street at Bolero.  I had 3 of their tapas - chicken wings, serrano ham, choizo sausage. All were good and with 2 beers it made a great lunch.  I ate at an Italian place on Dominicanner strasse last night.  I don't remember the name.  It was good but most of all I like the set up there.  There is only in-door dining, which is weird for Germany, but they had the windows and doors open, which is also weird for Germany.  I had veal saltimbuco, which is veal with ham in a very light sauce.  It came with a small salad and potatoe.  I drank a proseco and aperol to start  and then a half-liter Lambrusco with dinner.  It all cost me 25e.
     I have to mention one more thing about Bamberg.  That is, do not expect to sleep a lot while you are here.  One of the big churches here rings its bells all day, every day.  They start at 7:00 am and do not stop until 10:00 pm.  They ring every hour and every quarter hour and often at times in between.  Yesterday they began ringing at 3:40 pm???  They do not play a tune or anything, they just ring.  It is about 5 bells all ringing at once and it is just noise.  Sometimes it is quick but other times, like 7:00 am, it goes on for 3/4 minutes.  I don't know why they do it but they do.  So if you are here and you stay up late one night just know that you will be woken up at 7:00 am by the bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment