Today was my last day in Bamberg this summer. I did not accomplish too much. One side trip to Erlangen and a visit to the special exhibit up at the Dom museum. But I enjoyed being here more than last year. I am sure it is because of the location of the apartment. Here, I am across the street from Bolero, 2 blocks from Klosterbrau and across a small square from the Italian restaurant. It made it very convenient and nice to be able to just go across the street for tapas or to go up the street for a couple beers. If I return to Bamberg I will definitely stay here again.
Tommorrow I take the train to Nurnberg, and change for Passau. The whole thing should take about 2 hours. I have 15 minutes to change trains in Nurnberg, which is plenty of time as long as the train out of here is not late. I found my hotel in Passau on a map and it is centrally located. I am hoping for nice weather to be able to get out and enjoy this city I have never visited before. Unlike Leipzig last year where it rained every day and I didn't get a chance to really "see" the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment