Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday 18 July 2012

     Another rainy day in Weimar.  I think that it has rained everyday for 2 weeks.  On Monday I did get around town and take some pictures of the places I frequent on my new digital camera.  Yesterday I went to Muellers and bought an Ina Muller CD.  I then went to Schillar's Kaufhaus to see if they had any DVDs but they do not.  When I left Schiller's I hear a beep but just kept going never thinking it was I who beeped.  But I did.  A woman came running down the street asking if I heard the "peep".  I said yes I heard it but did not think I did it.  Turns out my new CD from the other store had a scan tag on it and it caused the door to "peep".  That was it.  I had a doner at home for lunch and ended up taking a nap while the tennis match from Stuttgart was on TV.
     For dinner I decided to go to "El Burrito".  Again it is one of those places that I have walked past many times before but had never eaten at until now.  It is in the same alley as Trattoria, but on the other side.  It has a small terrace out front with only about 7/8 tables for 4.  Usually they are filled.  Last night however, because of the terrible weather I am sure, they were empty.  So I went inside.  They have a lot of room in there.  Immediately on the left, behind the outdoor terrace, is the smoking room so if you smoke you can sit in there.  Straight ahead is a bar, with actual stools at it, and next to that a large main dining room.  That is where I sat and I was alone.  I had a very large Campari soda, beef fajitas, 2 large beers and a cup of coffee, all for 27e.  The fajitas were very good but different from what you get in the US.  I did get 3 very large tortillas.  In a bowl came pieces of well cooked beef in a sauce, with both red and hot peppers.  This was somewhat spicy but I like that.  On a plate I got cut up tomatos, shredded lettuce and shredded chedder cheese.  I also received a small bowl of salsa and a small bowl of a white sauce with some herbs in it.  There was plenty and it was all very good.  The young woman who waited on me was pleasant and atentive enough.  I would go back.
     On Saturday I leave for 10 nights in Bamberg.  I walked up to the train station yesterday and bought my ticket.  I must change trains twice, once in Jena-Goschwitz and then again in Saalfeld.  There was no other way.  But I did get the sale price and insted of 42e it cost me 29e.  The trip should take about 2 hours and 24 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment