Today I did not do anything that exciting. I ate and cleaned up and it rained. I watched the Wimbledon Women's final and took a nap. I did get myself together and get out to dinner. Trattoria is the name of the restaurant. It is on the left in the passage that you get to through the trees in Sophien Platz. My problem with directions is that I always know how to get there but I never know the names of the streets. Anyway, I had a Salat Misto and the Penne alle ametriciano. Very good and filling. I had to bring some of the pasta home with me. To drink I had a tafelwasser and a 1/2 liter of chianti. It all cost 25.50e. After I went to Theatre Platz Cafe. I like to hang out there. They don't care how long you stay. I had 2 glasses of chianti and 2 waters - 10.50e.
These two places are two good choices in Weimar. The Trattoria is good for a basic pasta meal. The Theatre Platz Cafe is a good place to hang out at anytime of the day. The only other comment that I can make about hanging out in Weimar is that I don't think anyone speaks a lot of English. No one ever speaks English to me. I say this because in big cities like Berlin, as soon as someone notices that you are not a native German they begin to speak English to you. This does not happen here. My German is good but it is clear that German is not my native language. Most Europeans think that I am a Belgian or Dutchman who speaks German. I am willing to live with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment