Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Berlin July 2, 2013

    The last post did not go very well. It turns out that I do not have free internet access.  I must pay 25e for 24 hours.  How outrageous is that?  Can the Hiltons nickel and dime you for anymore?    In any event I have been enjoying being in Berlin.  I ate at Lowenbrau, Amici, Luttner and Wegner and La Riva.  My favorite remains La Riva.  I had a big salad and taglatelli with asparagus and shrimp and 1/4 of Chianti and 2 Hefeweissen beers all for 32e.  The Lowenbrau on Saturday was good.  Again the food is basic and good and the price is right.  Amici is a great restaurant right on Gendarmarkt.  It is Italian.  the selection is good, the service is good and the price is right.  I had a pasta dish that was a thick spaghetti with Bolonese sauce and a salad and some wine and for dessert a piece of cherry  streusal cake and it all was good.
    Today I bought my 3 day card for the museums and went to the Egyptian museum and to the Bode museum.  I ate lunch at Que Pasa?  A great Mexican restaurant on Oraniunbaum Strasse.  I had a lunch burrito and a beer and it was great for 13e.  I have eaten there many times before and it is definitely worth a stop if you are in that area for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment