Friday, July 12, 2013

Weimar 12 July 2013

     Another beautiful day here in Weimar!  I went for a run in the park again.  It is my 4th time in 6 days.  I run up and down both sides of the Ilm.  The Park-an-Ilm is on both sides of the river(?). And is a beautiful place to go either for a nice walk or a run.  I am out there for an hour, running, walking.  Then I come home and cool off and shower and then eat.  Today I went to City Doner for a doner.  Did I mention that they don't sell beer any more?  I don't know why.   Then I bought Das Spiegel at the bookstore because this edition is about the Kaiserreich.  Then I went down to the Rathaus and had a beer at the outdoor part while I looked at the magazine.
     When I came home I  fell asleep and slept about 2 hours at least.  I don't know why I have been so tired but it doesn't matter.  I promised myself that this summer I would not be tired.  If I want to sleep I will.  I went to Apollon for dinner.  I love that restaurant.  It is out of the way and there are only locals there.  I had baked sharp cheese for the appetizer and then a plate with 2 lamb chops and chicken on a spit and gyros meat with that white sauce and rice and a small salad.  I also had 2 big beers.  All for 22e.
     Now I am home watching Mein Mann Kann, a dopey game show that I have seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment