Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Berlin 3 July 2013

     Today was a beautiful day in Berlin.  The sun was out and it was warm but not too hot.  I walked from the Hilton down Leipziger Strasse to Potsdamer Platz and then down to the Gemalde Gallerie.  Having purchased my 3-day card yesterday, the price went up to 24e but still worth it, I did not have to wait in line and went right in to the collection.  This is a great collection of Old Masters.  I visit here every time I come to Berlin.  It has a little of everything but my favorites are the 2 Vermeers.
     Normally after  visit I stop at the outdoor café and have a beer or two.. But today I did not because I had enouph beer last night.  Instead I walked down Erbert Strasse to the Brandenburg Tor and then went to Lowenbrau on Leipziger Strasse for lunch.  I had the Wiener Schnitzel with cabbage salad and potatoes and a dark Weiss beer all for 13e.   Yesterday I found ARD bar on Weinmeister Strasse.  I had eaten there twice last summer and looked for it the other day un successfully.  It is a great place to stop for a beer or coffee.  The food is basic German and good and the price is right.  Last year I watched the World Cup semi-final with Germany there.

No comments:

Post a Comment