Well I have reached the apartment that I rent in Weimar on Saturday 6 Juli. I am happy to be here. But I want to end the Berlin part of the summer. I ate dinner at ADR bar and it was basic and good. I had 3 beers there and then walked over to Hackesher Markt and had a beer and a Sambuca. Then I walked to Augustinier Brau and had 2 more beers and an obstler. I drank at Augustinier Brau twice this year. I don't know why I have never been there before. I also ate at La Provencal on the Spree Ufer, just down from La Rive. I have never eaten there before either but I heard good things. I don't know what to say. It is a little pricey but the food is really good. The waiters are friendly enough and mean well but the service sucks. I had to wait 40 minutes between placing my order and getting my soup. Then I had to wait at least 30 minutes between my soup and the main course. there was no reason for this other than incompetence. There were 3 waiters, there were about 10 tables outside and I don't think there was anyone onside. I probably would give it one more try, but if this kind of thing makes you crazy or you need to be done by a certain time do not go there.
But I am in Weimar now and that is what is important. I went out today and as I walked past the National theatre I saw that "Merchant of Venice" was playing. So I went in and bought a ticket. Then I went to Vodaphone which was closed because it is Sunday and came home. I changed and went for a jog in the park. I showered and went for lunch at the Ratskeller. After I took a nap and then got ready and went to the show. It was good up to the last 25 minutes. Every theater director in the world needs to stage his show and then cut the last 20 minutes. The last 20 minutes of this were terrible. And had nothing to do with the story.
After I went to good old Theater Café and had 1/2 l red and onion soup and a small salad. all in all a perfect day.
No comments:
Post a Comment