Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Weimar 7 July 2015

    Well, I have been in Weimar for over a week now.   I can't say that I have done anything.  I have been running in the park.  Run 2 days, don't run one day.  Other than that I have been trying to just relax.  I have eaten out plenty.  I have been to Elephanten Keller, Apollon, Trattoria, Napoli, Texas, Kostritzer.  I have been enjoying beers at the Ratskeller Kiosk in the afternoon and at Schwarzburger Hof in the evening, ( not every evening).
     None of these places is new.  The only thing new is that LaPerle Italian restaurant has closed.  A lot of people complained about it, but I always enjoyed it.  I especially enjoyed Apollon and Texas.  These are my 2 favorites.  Never a bad meal and the people there know me now and everything is always good.
     As always I have mixed feelings about this.  I love being here and I love the idea of being here.  I do what I want.  But I have to ask, is it a waste of time and money?  If I think of my first week in Berlin as vacation and then think of the places I go after here as the traveling part of the summer, staying here is smart.  I don't have to pay for air fare traveling back and forth more than once.
     There is a special exhibit in Erfurt that I want to go see.  It is about altarpiece art and is being held in the Marian Dom.  I think I will go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment