Thursday, July 23, 2015

Dresden - 24 July 2015

     Yesterday I left Weimar for Dresden.  Another month in Weimar past!  It is unbelievable but it happens every year.  I took the 8:58 train direct to Dresden.  Not having to change trains is always better and it only cost me 19 euro because I bought the sparpreise ticket.  These tickets cost significantly less than others, it is just that you have to use the ticket on the specific train for which you bought it.  Other tickets can be used on any train going to your destination.

     Dresden is as beautiful as ever.  After I checked in, I showered and went for a walk and lunch in the Biergarten over the Augustus bridge.  I have the last 3 times I was here, stayed in the Steigenburger de Saxe hotel but this time I am in the Dresden Hilton.  It is wonderful!  I am on the executive floor in a double deluxe room.  My breakfast is included and it cost 140 euro per night!!  How can you beat that?  And, Hiltons are always wonderful here in Europe and in my opinion offer great value for the money.  You couldn't touch this in the USA for less than 350 dollars a night.  I slept great last night.  I also took some pictures around here yesterday during my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment