Thursday, July 30, 2015

Prague 2015

    This is my last night in Prague.  I used the Marco Polo guide book that I had bought in Weimar to take a walking tour.  This book was not that good.  Of course it is in German so if you don't speak German you can ignore it.  Anyway at the end of the walk I was by the river so I just followed it to the Charles Bridge, which as I have mentioned the tourists before, is a catastrophe.  Anyway, I walked to the Hard Rock and enjoyed 3 beers there.  I also bought 2 pint glasses, one for each of the nephews.  After all, I will need someone to change the diapers when the day comes.
     I slept for about 2 hours and then went to Giovanni's Trattoria for dinner.  I had a Greek salad, a pizza and 1/2 liter of red for 480 kc or about $20.  I leave for 4 nights in Cesky Krumlov tomorrow.  I have never been there.  There is no direct train there from here so I had 3 choices for transport.  I could take the bus for about $6.  I could ride in a van for about $40 or I could have the Hilton car take me for about $160.  I went for the Hilton car.  After all I pay $85 to go from my house to Newark airport and this is a 3 hour drive.  I m looking forward to Cesky Krumlov as I have never been there.  I have a tour guide booked for Saturday to show me around.  Other than that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment