Saturday, August 1, 2015

Cesky Krumlov 1 August 2015

     Today was my private tour with Jiri Vaclavicek.  We met at the Tourist info center right before 10 am.  He toured me through the entire city, not that there is a lot,  and we discussed things the whole time.  Mostly we talked about the transition from communism to today and about the expulsion of the Germans.  We also discussed restitution of confiscated property.  There were actually 2 confiscations here.  One by the Nazis after Czechoslovakia was invaded and one after the end of WWII.
     All in all he was a very good, well informed guide and well worth the 900kc or $36 i paid him.  However, I have no idea what I will be doing during the day tomorrow or Monday.  I did arrange for transport to Linz on Tuesday.  The last week or so I have been feeling so tired.  I don't know why.  I think it be the change from all the jogging I did for 4 weeks in Weimar.  But I am out walking every day.  Maybe all the eating and drinking is just wearing on me.  Like now, I went for dinner at 19:00 and it is now 21;00 and I could go to bed.  If I did I would end up watching a 1 1/2 hour episode of Midsomer Murders  and not getting to sleep until mid-night anyway.
     The hotel I am at is the Old Inn.  It is very reasonable.  I have a very large nice room and the terrace out front to hang on is the restaurant/bar and right on the main square.  The prices are very reasonable, read cheap,  and that is where I am now.  I can recommend this hotel and also a visit to this city.  The city is a remarkably preserved town.  But it is very small and there is not too much to do.  I think that the 4 nights that I am here are too much.  Well I can always sit on this terrace and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment