Saturday, July 25, 2015

Dresden 25 July 2015

     Today I got up and went to the Alte Meister Galarie.   It does not open until 10 am and I was there a little early, so I walked through the Zwinger and took some pictures before I went inside.   I began on the top floor and worked my way down.  I did not hit any crowds until I got to the first floor where they have Raphael's Sistine Madonna.  It is a world class collection, right up there with Berlin and Munchen.  I was there about 2 1/2 hours.
    I went to dinner tonight at a place I found this afternoon.  It is around the corner and down the street from the Italian I ate at Thuursday night.  It is called Taberna Portguguesa and is obviously a Portuguese restaurant.   And it was tremendous!  I had a glass of port to begin.  To eat I had a skewer of pork and choirso(?) sausage with pommes and a side salad.  To drink I had a small water and a 1/2 liter of red wine.  After I had a piece of chocolate cake that was recommended to me by the waitress.  It was all sooooo good.  I paid 40 euro total.  This place is at Ringstrasse 3 and if you are in Dresden go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment