Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Prague 2015

     I arrived in Prague yesterday.  The train trip from Dresden was easy and it was easy to walk from the train station to the Hilton.  My deal at the Hilton worked out to be $58 a night!  It did not include breakfast but I didn't care at that price and when I got here they told me to come to the desk if I wanted breakfast and get a voucher!  This is a lovely hotel and the service is tremendous.  I do recommend it if you are in Prague because it is also perfectly located.
     I have to say that unless someone specifically asked me to come to Prague with them I doubt that I will come again.  This place is over run with tourists.  And I mean that there seem to be too many people for the city!  The worst are the low-rent Spaniards,  the well-heeled American seniors, and the Asians.  I don't care from where you come or what your situation is,  you can dress appropriately and not behave in an obnoxious manner.  Which is what these groups in abundance.
     Tonight I ate at an Italian restaurant that I found on trip advisor.  Another gem!   It is on u Ventkata street, I think.  It is off the main square on the side with the Jan Huis monument.  It was called Aldente Trattoria e vineratia(?).  I sat inside.  The service was great.  I had a greens and warm goat cheese salad, great, lasagna and a cheese tray to eat.  To drink I had 1/2 liter Peregrino water, 1 liter still water, 1/2 liter red wine and an Aperol Spritz - my first of the summer!  All that cost 670 kc.  Which is about $27!!  In Manhatten that would have cost me $100.  I then walked around a little and now I am in the hotel bar writing and drinking a beer and a fernet.

No comments:

Post a Comment