My last day in Berlin. I went to the book store today and purchased a book about the Fuggers - the banking family that financed Europe fro centuries. I then took the u-bahn to Zoologische Garten to take a walk up and down Kurfurstendamm. But little did I know that today was the Christopher-Street-Day parade. I knew the minute I saw all the rainbow flags and lesbians. It was a good, yet orderly time. I was suprised to see so many people there. I have been to gay pride parades in New York, Amsterdam, Munchen and ,believe it or not, Weimar. But this was the largest crowd I have seen. There was a lot of music and I am sure the festivities continued later, now in fact, but I had to return and get a little sleep because tomorrow I leave for Weimar!
I don't think that I mentioned the 2 special exhibits that I went to in Berlin. First was at the Bode Museum. It was called "Ein Gott" and attmpted to show ancient links between Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It was ok. It did not cost extra, I used my three day card to get in to it.
The second was at the National Gallery, next to Neues Museem, and the exhibit was called "Impressionismus und Expressioinismus" - "Impressionism and Expressionism". They had a lot of art collected there and it was arranged to show the two different perspectives. They place pictures of similar scenes, i.e. landscapes or cityscapes in the two different styles side-by-side. I enjoyed it. It cost 12e extra. I was there maybe two hours.
There was also a second exhibition at the Bode Museum called "Verschwundenes Museem". It showed photos of art that was somehow lost before/during/after WWII. It was interesting and sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment