Thursday, June 25, 2015

Berlin 2015 - 22/06/15

The Eurostars Hotel is OK. The people in the bar are nice and the prices there are reasonable.  I went to the New Stadt Schloss "Cube" today and the admission was free.  They have made great progress on the building.  This interests me so much!  I can remember the first time I came to Berlin and the Palast der Republik was still there.  I saw the building come down and a green space take its place.  I also remember when the group advocating for the rebuilding of the Schloss had their Headquarters on Unter-den-Linden and then Gendarmarkt dahinter.  I have been watching this for years so to actually see the building take shape is, for me , very exciting.  I guess I will have to continue to come back to Berlin every year until it is done.!
    I ate at Lowenbrau tonight and enjoyed it as much as ever.  I had 2 dark beers and the "pulled Beef"' as they called it.  I also ordered a side salad and a large water and paid 35e including a small tip.  Then I walked to Augustinier Brau but there were no seat a the bar so I went to Standgige Vetretung, where I ate lunch yesterday and have been to before but never in the evening for drinks.  Well that will change.  It is the nearest place to this hotel where you can sit outside, riverside, and have reasonably priced beers.  I had 4 Kolsch beers for 7,60e!  I will be back during this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment