My flight here was horrendous! We were delayed 3.5 hours. I was exhausted by the time I got to the hotel at noon Berlin time. Then I had to wait till 3:30 to get a room which made it worse.
For the first time in years I am not staying at the Berlin Hilton. I am at the Berlin Eurostars and the long wait for a room that I booked at least 2 months ago did not make a good impression. After I slept a while I walked around and ended up having a bowl of penne bolonese at pizza peccorino(?). It is a little place off Orienionburg strasse and the man cooked it fresh and gave me my second glass of wine free! It was very good. He also makes the pizza to order. If you just want a quick pizza or pasta it is great. It is on Tucholsky Strasse. I have used the interactive map on TripAdvisor to find possible restaurants in this area for the rest of the week, since I have never stayed up here.
No comments:
Post a Comment