Thursday, June 25, 2015

Berlin June 2015

     Well it is night 5 here and I am very happy.  I ate at Dolcini tonight in der Jagrstrasse.  I have mentioned this place before and I love it.  I first went here years ago when I saw a sign on the corner on Freidrich Strasse that said " Big Mo's" and so I went.  It was a restaurant and that night I went back.  I have been going every summer ever since.  Now , of course, it is called Dolcini's.  I had the fish soup, then the Caprese salad and the a special, Gnocci with a truffle oil  filling in a gorganzola sauce.  I also had a Weisse beer and 2 glasses of Sangiovese.  They gave me a grappa after.  All for 37 euro.  If you are in Berlin you should go there.  It is delicious and the service is friendly and good.  You definitely know that the food is cooked for you when you order it and that the people talking to you are the people who run the place.
     After I walked up Friedrich Strasse and over the bridge to the Vertretigung.  I had 4 Kolsch there and shared my table for 4 with 2 different couples.  Whenever I think that my days of traveling to Berlin must be over, I have an evening like tonight or last night and I know that I will come back just so I can experience this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment