Saturday, September 16, 2017

Vienna 2017

     I had to start another post because I put those photos in on the last one and then could not type under them!  Anyway, the train ride from Innsbruck to Vienna was long but easy.  And of course once I got to the wonderful Konig von Ungarn Hotel it could not have been better!  I walked in, gave my name and was handed the key to my room.  After all, I think this is the 10th or 11th time that I have stayed here in room 202.
    On Friday night I ate at Zum Bettel Student.  I have eaten there before.  I had a salad and a burger and 2 dark beers  then it was off to the sports bar where I watched the end of the Vienna match which they lost.  The place was packed, which always makes it more exciting.  Saturday I went to the Albertina.  The special exhibit was 20th century painters and was actually good.  Every special exhibit is always on the basement level and is always very well done.  The Battliner (?) Collection is upstairs now and on the 1st floor there was a photography exhibit.  I always enjoy going there.  That night I ate at Kern's Beisl.  Usually I have been here in August and they are closed for vacation so it has been a few years since I have eaten there. I ordered a special and it turned out to be meatloaf!  I also had soup and the meatloaf came with potatos.  I drank a pinot noir and then 2 Gosser Dunkles.  After I went to Spankys and had a beer and a metaxa and then came back to the hotel to work on pictures and had the same.
     Today I took the ubahn up to Mariahilfe Strasse and went to the furniture museum - always interesting.  They were having a special exhibit in honor of the 300th birthday of Maria Theresa.  I walked back and went to my favorite bar for a pizza at about 3.  Then I came back because I was too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment