In my last three days in Munich, I visited the Alte Pinakothek, Neue Pinakothek and Egyptian Collection. All three well worth seeing every time you are in Munich. The Alte Pinakotek is being renovated so even though the entire building is not open, the bulk of the collection is out. Certainly the most important pieces. Of course I had to go to the Cafe after my visit and have a large coffee with one of there delicious cakes! I have never seen such a selection out side of a bakery and sometimes even there.
I spent the rest of the days strolling and stopping for cool refreshers. I stopped at Orlando's which is in the same Platz as Hofbrauhaus and the Hard Rock. Don't go there. Just not worth it. Right there next to the Irish Bar is another place, I don't remember the name, where you can sit on the Platz and have a beer. I also stopped for one at Pshorr. The restaurant on the edge of Viktualienmarkt. I ate here some years ago with Ernest and his 2 friends. The service was very friendly and efficient even though the beer was a little pricey.
Today, Friday, I took the train to Bolzano, Italy. I found the hotel and it is lovely but they did not honor the reservation I made for a junior suite! Seems I did not send them a credit card number so the reservation, even though they confirmed it, does not hold. Therefore I am sitting in the very pleasant garden enjoying a ravioli lunch and 2 beers waiting for them to give me a single room. I have a hefty pension check that says the room is not air-conditioned.
Well I am in my non-airconditioned single room. I wrote to the Innsbruck Hilton to see if I can come early. I went for a walk and stopped for some wine. I spoke to the couple next tome for a while - all in german. So at least I got that. They wanted my passport to check me in and I gave them a hard time and when I returned from my wine I demanded it back. The man tried to give me a load but what they fail to understand is that even though german is not my first language I speak it well and can be a nasty old man in german as easily as american.
It seems there is some sort of Fest that will be going on tonight so I will head out for dinner soon, without a nap, and will then participate in the fest. Hopefully I will have a good time and forget the aggravation.
No comments:
Post a Comment