Friday, September 1, 2017

Munchen 2017

     I left beleibte Weimar today!  My 2 months there are done.  I took the 9:51 to Naumberg and then changed to a direct train to Munchen.  All in all an easy trip of about 4.5 hours.  I am staying at the Munich City Hilton.  This is the second time I am here and I am staying for 7 nights.  I tried to find the Italian restaurant that I ate in the last time but the place that I thought was it was totally remodeled and unfamiliar.  So I ate in a different Italian restaurant, Bella Italia, which was very good.  My rigatone bolonese was only 5.80 euro!  It is right there when you cross the street by the tram station at Rosenheimer Platz.  The Caprese salat was outstanding!  The half-liter dark Lowenbraus were only 3.60 euro.
     I am now in the Hilton Munich City bar.  I am watching the US Open.  Normally I would have been there on opening night but I would rather be here. This is the second time I am staying here and I do like both the hotel and the location.  They are remodeling which may explain the great price I got but I also got a great price the last time.   I have 6 full days and I have one thing to do each day so I am happy.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment