Saturday, August 19, 2017

Weimar Kunst Fest 2017

     Yesterday, 18 August, was the opening day of the 2017 Weimar Kunst Fest.  It was a dark rainy day, all day,   In fact, I ate at home and almost didn't go.  But at about 8:00pm I decided "what the hell?"  It was a good decision.
     I walked down tot he Markt and was there about 15 minutes early.  So I just stood and wondered because it started to rain.  But at 9:00 they began,  There was a stage in the corner in front of the Hotel Elephant and they wheeled an actor dressed like an old man to the center of the square.  Then a woman was wheeled out and sang a song.  Then the others  climbed on the scaffolding on the stage.  I imagine it was supposed to be meaningful but to me it was a little boring.
     Then they moved diagonally across.  One of the men climbed a pole that had a ring on the end and did swinging and such on the ring.  Then 3 of them were each on a pole with a counter weight and swung back and forth while the other 2 were oh the ring poles.  Then they all had lights and fireworks attached to them and there were 2 giant semi-circles lit with fire and they set off other fireworks!  It was very exciting!
   Everyone left when it was over and I was home at 10:20 pm.  A good evening.  Tonight there was nothing and I ate dinner ate Sachsische Hof - sehr gut-wie immer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment