Monday, September 4, 2017

Munich 2

     Today  I went to the Residenz Museem.  I went through the Residenz and through the Schatz Kammer.  The Residenz was different.  There were more parts open and there was no special exhibit.  The Schatz Kammer was the same.  Seeing the Queen Caroline ruby parure is always staggering.
     Yesterday I went to the Stadt Museem.  I had never been there.  It was nice and worth a trip but not the kind of collection I could go back to over and over.   What I did notice walking around yesterday and today is that, compared to the summer,  there are significantly fewer people here.  It was nice to go through Marianplatz and not have to fight through massive crowds.
     Saturday night I ate at Wirthause am Braunauer.  Very nice and very good.  I had Schweinbraten Krusten which I have not had since Bamberg.  It is pork roast with the fat left on to get crispy.  It came with Kloss which were not as good as the ones in Weimar!  Last night I ate a t Maredo which was the same as always.  Tonight I went back to Al Pino or Tavernetta in the Hildegarde Strasse.  I ate there the last time I was here.  I had a blackboard special which was taglitelli with beef stripes - very good!  I also had a mixed salad which was very large, a red wine for only 3.60 euro, water and coffee.
    The weather was a little warmer today and sunnier.  A nice Fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment