Saturday, June 30, 2018

30 June 2018 Berlin

   Yesterday I took the ubahn to Kottenbus Tor and walked over to Orenianstrasse in the Kreuzburg district.  I have never been there and just wanted to go down and have a look around.  It is very ethnic but an interesting walk. I sat in a park for a while and then continued up the street until I came to Friedrichstrasse.  So I shopped through the new Lafayette Gallaries   and did not buy anything.  Then I walked down Unter den Linden and over to the Berlin Pavillion where I drank 2 Hefeweissens and wrote in my journal.  Then I walked past the Reichstag building and along the canal to the Berlin Borse.  I have seen this bar on TV on various travel shows and must have walked past it who knows how many times but today I went in.  The Borse does not operate until 17 pm so I paid regular price for 2 dark beers.  Then it was home and dinner at Weihenstephan.  I had pork roast with two klossen and a side salad and it was delicious.
     Today I used the last 2 ubahn tickets I had from the 4-pack I had bought, to go to Kurfurstendamm.  It was slightly different since the car-attack.  There is no more "fair".  All the vendors who were around the Gedanknis Kirche are gone.  But I walked up and down anyway and bought a pack of 2 undershirts at C&W.  I finally made it to KaDeWe!   It is the largest Department store, certainly in Germany and the oldest in Berlin.  They have everything.  The food floor is incredible.  I thought of eating there but did not.  It is very crowded but the prices are not bad.
    Instead I walked down to the Hard Rock.  I had 2 Hefeweissen and a club sandwich with spicey fries.  Good as always.  I always like to have a lunch and a few beers in a Hard Rock.  After I came back and slept.  Tonight, my last in Berlin this year,  I watched Rinaldo get the boot from the World Cup along with the Portuguese team as they lost 1 - 2 to Uruguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment