Thursday, June 28, 2018

Berlin 28 June 2018

     Well I have been here 5 days now.  I have visited the Altes Museem, Egyptisches Museem, Gemalde Gallerie, and Markesches Museem.  The first three I have visited many times before.  It is always nice to see Nefertit's head and the collection at the Gemalde Gallerie is always wonderful.  I spent almost 3 hours there!  Today I went to the Markesches Museem for the first time.  I have thought about it in the past and never went until today.  I took the Ubahn there and walked up the street to the museum.  It is very nice, peaceful and well done.  But it is  a "history of Berlin" museum so if you are not REALLY interested in that, don't bother.
    After over 2 hours, I walked across the street and walked along the riverbank.  I came to a cafe and had a large coffee and a big piece of apple streusel cake.  Then I walked over the canal and through a small park and was on what would be Leipziger Strasse but much further up than usual.  So I continued down and crossed by the Nicholai Viertal.  I walked to TJMaxx and bought a package of underpants and a package of socks.  Then I walked through Nicholai Viertal to GeorgeBrau and had a dark beer.  Then I walked all the way to Gendarm Markt and had to more and a pretzel at Augustinier Brau.  Then back and a nap.
     For dinner I was at my favorite - Dolcini.  I do not know how many years I have been eating there.  As always I sat under the poster of Josephine Baker.  The food was great and I went for a long walk after.  Sunday I leave for Weimar.
Berlin Beer
Berlin Schloss 2018


Gendarmmarkt


Altes Gallerie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment