Monday, July 3, 2017

Weimar July 3, 2017

    I arrived in Weimar on 1 July after a very easy trip from Berlin with the Bahn.  I told Herr M-L that I would meet him at the apartment at 13:30 and I did, exactly.  I paid, got the key and he left.  I went to REWE for some supplies.  It was cold and rainy so I needed to eat inside.  Texas was full so I continued up the street to Napoli.  I sat at my usual table next to the mirror wall.  The same peoplework there and the older lady recognized me.  I had a new dish for me after the Caprese salad.  A penne dish with grilled vegetables and tomatoes. It was really good.  I also had 2 delicious Krombachers.
     After I walked around to Markt and to my horror the Ratskeller kiosk and the outside tables were gone!!!   I walked across the square and it was closed and there was some flier posted on the door.  This is a huge disappointment.  Where will I go for my  newspaper and beer on a sunny afternoon?  I walked,shocked, to Schwarzburger Hof and it was closed!  On a Saturday night!!  It was too much so I came home and had the wine Herr M-L gaver me.  A very nice Spaterburgunder.
    Sunday was also cold and wet so I went to the park just to walk my usual route.  I bought a paper and went to Theatrer Cafe which is now called Pomodoro.  The inside has been totally done over.  But it was nice enough to sit out.  I had 2 Hefeweiss and a water and read the paper.  I went next door to City Doner and bought one to go.  I ate it at home and then took a long nap.   At a little past 7 pm I was ready to go and walked up the street to Schwarzburger Hof.  I don't know why it was closed on Saturday but it was open and I stayed to watch Deutschland win the final of the Conference Cup.  We were all inside because of the weather but it was a lot of fun.  I had a bowl of Soljanka and some beer.
     Today I went shopping.  I had to go back to REWE for what I had forgotten.  I went to the vegetable guy and I bought a wash cloth and brush at Muellers.  I can not find underpants and undershirts!  All I found in one store was a pack of 2 Calvin Klein underpants for 40 euro.  No.  I ate lunch at home very late and then watched Wimbledon on my BBC app.  Today was day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment