Monday, July 17, 2017

Kassel 17 July 2017

     I am on my first "small" trip from Weimar.  I arrived in Kassel, Hesse Germany today.  I walked down to the bus stop at about 09:20 and the number 5 was there so I got on and we left.  5 minutes later I was at the train station waiting.  They said the train would be 5 minutes late and it was.  But the trip to Gottingen was quicker that expected and we were early.  I left the train on the number 8 platform and went to the number 10 and there was a train so I got on it.  Then I realized we were early and I panicked.  I started pushing the "Tur geoffnet" button but it was too late.  So I thought that I would just turn around at the next station.  But then I read the travel plan and saw the next stop, in 14 minutes, was mine!  So I arrived  at the hotel early.  My room was ready and up I went!
     It was about 13:00 and I was hungry so I went to the restaurant.  Not a good idea.  They only serve the regular dinner menu so I had a gazpacho soup and a goat cheese salad.  Also one dunkles hefeweisse.  It cost me 30e!!!   I had dinner and 3 beers and 2 fernets at Schwarzburger Hof last night for less!!  I noticed a cafe on the map they gave me and then I noticed the building right next door.  So I walked over and had a hefe for half the price.
     A bottle of champaigne was included in the price of my room and delivered not long after I arrived so I had 2 glasses before dinner.  The rest waits.  A free dinner in the restaurant was also included in the room cost so I went for that.  It was buffet style and there was plenty and it was good!!  They made me pay for an Aperol, a glass of grauburgundin and a coffee.  Now I am outside having a beer.  I am very tired and I do not know why.  After the lunch and the beer I had a nice nap.
     Well tomorrow I will go to one of the museums I came to see and I will eat downtown.  I will also post pictures of the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment