A huge disappointment in Kassel!! After a lovely day at the art museum and a great lunch at the art museum cafe, followed by a walk in the garden, I returned to the hotel at about 3:00 pm for a nap. The room was very hot even though I had set the thermostat at 18C the day before - as low as it will go. I tried to sleep but did not. When I returned after a great dinner downtown at a Turkish restaurant called Pamsukkale, my room, at 9:00 pm was an oven. I went down to tell reception and the man told me he was sorry but my room gets a lot of sun and takes along time to get cool. I asked "the whole day?". Of course all of this was in German so it is nice to know that I can be intimidating in German as well as English. I had to sit outside because the room was too hot. I uploaded all my photos and began working on labeling all of them. At some point I notice something is odd and then I realize that I am not connected because I am sitting on the terrace of the hotel and I am "out of range"!!!!. All of my photos are lost, not to mention the work I did.
I decided to leave in the morning. The next day, today, I ate breakfast, packed my bag and went to check out. At first the same woman who checked me in said, " but you are booked until Friday." I said'" yes I was booked for 4 nights but I am only staying 2." She looked at the computer, gave me my bill, I paid and left. She never asked me why and never asked how was my stay. I am willing to bet I never get a follow-up email asking me my opinion of the stay.
I arrived back here at about 2:00 pm and came home, had something to eat and took a nap because I was exhausted from not sleeping well for 2 nights. I went to Sachsische Hof for dinner and had the Rostbraetal with Bratkartoffle and salat. I had 2 "alt" beers. Now, obviously, I am home. While I was gone Herr Mueller-Lang had someone clean.
I had wanted to make other short trips these two months but now I must remember, as we reach the hot part of the year, to specifically ask about the AC.
No comments:
Post a Comment