Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Weimar 12 July 2017

     I have been in beliebte Weimar for 12 nights now.  Everything is like always, except of course for the loss of the Ratskeller Kiosk.  I have eaten at all my favorites - Texas, DiNapoli, Sashsaches Hof and Versilia.  I have made plans to travel to Kassel on Monday. I will be there 4 nights and I am staying at the Wilhelmshohe Schloss Hotel.  A resort hotel that is in the park where all the museums that I want to see are located.  According to what I saw on the Deutsche Bahn site it should take about 2.5 hours to get there with one umsteigen in Gottigen.  I will buy the ticket tomorrow or Friday.
     The weather has been erratic here.  Today was cold and overcast and rainy so I stayed in and watched Wimbledon tennis all day.  It was the Men's Quarterfinals.  Murray and Djokovic lost and Roger won!!  The wine fest begins tomorrow night and runs till Sunday.  I hope the weather improves.
     I must state again,  if you are middle-aged or older and thinking of going out of the house in capri-length pants, sandals of any kind and a fishing vest or any of these items individually - DON'T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment