Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Berlin Day 3 2017




     Staying at the Eurostars Hotel is a pleasure and this is my third time.  I did not do too much yesterday or today.  I did go to the Gemalde Gallerie and spend just over 2 hours there.  I have been to the Standige Vertretung 2 times, the Gemalde Gallerie outdoor bar, and the garten outside the Reichstag.  All great places to stop for a beer.

     On Monday night as I said, I ate at Block House.  Last night I went to my favorite - Dolcini.  I must have written about this place before?  Years ago, I was walking down Friedrich Strasse and saw an a-frame sign that said "Big Mo's"  with an arrow.  Of course, I went.  It was a restaurant that I went back to that night.  I have been going every time I am in Berlin since.  Last night, I was the only customer at first and of course I went inside and sat under that great picture of "la Baker".  When the man took my order he said to me," You know that i recognize you"  and I said yes that I had been coming for many years.  It was very nice.  I had the fish soup and a special paste - penne with corizio sausage.  I drank some water and 2 montopulchianos and he gave me a grappa.  So nice to be remembered.
    I went to Weihstephan for 2 dunkles biere and 2 obstler.  Then back to the Standige Vertreterung for 2 more Kolsch.  A nice evening at familiar places.
   Tonight I at at the Grand Bar on Orenianberg Strasse.  I ate there last summer for the first time.  It was good.  I had a big salad and the pork medalions in green pepper sauce with rosemary potatos and rice and broccoli.  I drank 2 hefeweisse beers and a glass of gray brugundian wine.  I gave 40e.  Well worth it.  So I have to say my stay in Berlin so far has been uneventful and familiar and at this point I will take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment