Saturday, August 6, 2016

Wroclaw 2 2016

     This is my last of 4 nights in Wroclaw.  Yesterday I did go out to Dom Insel.  On the way I stopped at the church of the holy name of jesus.  It is an incredible Barock church and well worth a visit.  I actually had to hold the back of a pew while looking up to maintain my balance.  I did the guide book walk through the Dom Insel and really all there is to see are more churches.  Actually it is incredible that there are so many churches in such a small area.
     For dinner last night I went to aplace on the main square called Dwor Polski.  The food was very good.  I had  a delicious goulash and then a roast pork dinner with potatoes and cabbage.  I drank 2 glasses of red wine and an Irish coffee.  The price was great and the food was great but I would not go there again!  The service was very rude.  When I arrived it was not full at all.  A man spoke to me in Polish and I said, in English, "I'm sorry I don't speak Polish."   He raised his voice and yelled something at me and pointed to the corner on the other side of the room.  So I went there and sat down.  I must have sat there 20 minutes before I got a menu and the only reason I got one was that I caught the eye of a young guy who seemed to be a trainee. I was there at least 45 minutes before I got any food.  Every time I wanted something I had to call to the waiter.  At the end,  when he finally came to get the money, I needed change.  He took my bill and left without a word.  When he returned he slapped my change onto the table and turned and left.  No thank-you, no good-bye.
     Today I walked over to the Royal Palace.  The exhibition I thought I would see at the National museum, I saw here - The History of Wroclaw and Silesia.  It was very good and I spent almost 2 and a half hours there.  They had a special exhibit on Chagall and some of his contemporaries.  After I walked around in that area for a while.
     For dinner I went back to where I ate at Rodrigo on Thursday.  I ate next door at Il Ristorante Italiano.  Great.   I had half-liter red, water, ravioli with prosciutto ham and cheese in a Bolognese sauce.  I also had a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and a cup of coffee.  All for 125 zloty, which includes a tip!  So about $31 American.

No comments:

Post a Comment