Saturday, July 9, 2016

Weimar 2016

     I arrived in Weimar, from Frankfurt, on Tuesday 5 July.  The train ride was easy - about 2 hours 30 minutes.  My train left Frankfurt at 9:30 am and I was in the apartment at 12:30 pm.  Weimar is just like always.  This is my 7th summer here!  When I go out and walk around I feel the same as I do when I am at home.  I know where everything is and I know exactly where I want to go.
     I have eaten at Texas, Versilia, Sachsische Hof, City Doner, Schwartzberger Hof.  All the same and all still good.  Texas is still my favorite place to eat and Schwartzburger Hof is still my favorite place to hang out.  I was there to watch the semi-final game between Wales and Portugal.  I did not go to the Deutschland semi because I knew it would be too wild.
     There is a special exhibit here at the Stadt Schloss this summer.  It is called, "Die Ernestinier prägt Europa",  It also has a part in Gotha and of course I want to go to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment