I had purchased the combi-ticket for 16 euro which got me into all 4 parts during the run of the exhibit. Really a good deal. So I made the trip to Gotha on Wednesday. I did one stupid thing. If the City-Hopper ticket is offered on the screen once you put in your destination, TAKE IT!! It is only 5 euro 60 and to go both ways it is cheaper than one way with a regular ticket. I bought one to come home.
In Gotha Part 3 is in the Herzoglisches Museem and part 4 is in Schloss Friedenstein. I have never been to the museem before because the other times that I visited Gotha it was not open. So it was interesting for me just to go there and your Special Exhibit ticket lets you into the whole museum. They had mostly art here and it was very interesting. Part 4 was in Schloss Friedenstein and again, your ticket lets you all through the Schloss including the ducal family rooms. One thing I did not like is that most of the portraits are not labels. One thing I did like is being able to see all the portraits that I have only seen in books.
| Schloss Friedenstein |
Between museums I went down to the town, had a little walk around and then had lunch at an Irish pub
| Irish Pub - Gotha |
I had Irish Stew and a couple of Franzikaner beers. Then back to Schloss Friedenstein. To get here is very easy. Leave the station out the front exit. You will see the S-bahns on the left. Just walk straight up Bahnhof Strasse until you come to ParkAllee. Go left. The Herzoglisches Museem is on the left side of the street and Schloss Friedenstien on the right. The photo of the Schloss was taken from the porch of the Museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment