I have already been in Germany for 9 nights! I spent a week in Berlin and now I am in the apartment in Weimar. The week in Berlin at the Berlin Hilton was great. A beautiful hotel with great service. It has been some years since I stayed there. I was at the Eurostars Hotel for the last 5 times I was in Berlin. But this time I got the room I wanted for a great price. A King Executive for, in all, $200 a night! This included Breakfast and access to the Executive Lounge. All good.
I went to the Gemalde Gallerie , the Pergammon and the Egyptisches Museen. The best was being able to go to the new(?) Berlin Stadt Schloss. It is done and the Humbolt Museum is open. I went on a tour of the outside of the building and the next day went to the 3 museums. It is free. There is a museum for Africa, Asia and Oceania. The things they have are very interesting but they do not give a lot of information on them. At the end of the tour I donated 50 euro and my name is now associated with one of the bricks in the building. If you look up Milltown, NJ I am sure I am the only one.
I are at the usual places but "Entrecote" was new. It is a couple of blocks from the Hilton and it is like eating in a French brasserie in Paris or Brussels. The service was great and the food was great and the price was great. I will definitely eat there again.
To come to Weimar I had to take the train to Erfurt, as expected, but then take a bus to Weimar. It seems the train tracks are having work. But it was easy and I got here no problem. Everything is the same.Herr Mueller-Lang was quickly out of here as he was leaving for a week in the mountains. Best of all, my neighbor upstairs, Herr Kresse, is still here! He must be 90 by now. I was afraid after 3 years he might be gone.
![]() |
| Chinese Throne |
![]() |
| Totems from Oceania |






No comments:
Post a Comment