Sunday, August 28, 2022

Regensburg 2022

 When I left Weimar, I used my 9euro card to travel to Regensburg.  I had been there once before, about 15 years ago.  I stayed at the Sorat-Insel Hotel. A great place with great service and a perfect location.  But NO AC.  It cooled down at night but with only one window and no ventilation, it didn't matter.

     Regensburg is very old, ie from Roman times.  There is not so much to see or do but it is the kind of place where you roam around and enjoy.  The city tour from the Tourist Office is good and the history museum is also good.   The best part, for me, was going out to a nice dinner and then roaming from place to place to have a beer and watching the people go by.  Alte Linde biergarten has good beer, good food, good service, a nice atmosphere and all for a good price.  Spitalgarten has a regular biergarten and also a cafe on the street.  That is where I was and it was nice to sit and watch.   I had a good time but do not need to return too soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment