Sunday, July 24, 2022

Departure Day

  Today is the big day!  After 3 years I am back at the airport waiting for my flight to Berlin.  Getting here was easy, my nephew picked me up and we were here in 20 minutes.  Check in was a breeze.  Next to no wait at all.  Now I am in the premirer access lounge enjoying a sandwich and a nice Pinot.  It has been so long and this is so nice. 

    Next day:   My flight to Berlin could not have gone better.  We boarded on time and although we left about 20 minutes late, we arrived about 20 minutes early.  When I got off and walked to baggage claim, a new set-up, my suitcase came out first so I was gone in about 15 minute.  I got a cab and came to the Hilton.  53 euro.  My room was ready and I was checked-in immediately.  I landed about 7:30 am local time and was in my hotel room at 9:30 am.  Great!  

     I slept for a few hours and about 4:30 pm walked up Friedrich Strasse to Block House.  I had a rib-eye and salad.  I had a large wasser mit gas and a Hefeweisse .  I walked back past Dolcini's which is closed for vacation while I am here.  Now I am in the hotel bar enjoying an Italian red before going to bed.

      For the first time in several trips I am back at the Berlin Hilton.  I got a King Executive room for @200 euro a night.   Which is good no matter what but even better now with the current exchange rate.  When asked,  always have the charge to your credit card put on in the local currency!

No comments:

Post a Comment