Thursday, September 5, 2019

Straßburg, 2019

    On 29 August I left Weimar and took the train to Frankfurt to meet a friend for 7 nights of travel. 4 cities in. 7 nights!  Normally I don't do that but....  So in Frankfurt I stayed at the Steigenburger Frankfurter Hof Hotel and my friend stayed down the street at the Motel One Hotel (?).  My hotel is a beautiful, grand hotel.  I had a deluxe room and it was spectacular!  I was sorry to stay in that room for only one night.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.  We only went out to eat that night and then a few drinks at my hotel because the next morning we were off with the train to Straßburg, France.
     Straßburg is a beautiful city and the capitol of the Alsace region of France.  In German it is Elsass.  We stayed at the Mecure City center and it was nice.  The rooms were not spectacular but nice and it had AC.  It was also perfectly located.  I went to the Bishop's Palace, Palais Rohan, and went through the 3 museums there.  They have a nice collection of Old Masters.  A semi-interesting Pre-historic-Roman collection and other Archeological things.  Interesting and certainly worth a look.  It is also very nice just to walk around the city because it is very beautiful.

Palais Rohan

Straßburg
                                           


I got to eat 2 dinners there and they were both great!  The first night was Aux Armes de Strasbourg in the Gutenburg Place.  It was French, very hearty and very good for a more than reasonable price.  Night 2 we had reserved at Le Gruber and a good thing it was packed. We both had escargot in garlic oil and then I had a terrine with meat and potato and carrots and a side salad.  I really enjoyed it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment