Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Weimar 3

     Having returned from Dresden, not too much has been happening here.  We did have the first installation of  "Weimar Kunst"  for the summer.  It was a display at various buildings throughout the city called "If Walls Could Talk".  I saw 2 of them.  One on the National Theatre in Theatre Platz and one on the building at Göthe Platz.  What they did was project onto the facade of the building and make it look completely different and the projections changed from one to the other and gave a sense of motion.  Music played.  Each lasted about 15 minutes and I thought was very clever.
    I have also spent some time the last few days booking hotel rooms for September.  A friend is arriving 29 August and we will be meeting in Frankfurt.  Then 2 nights in Straßburg, 2 nights in Trier and 2 nights in Köln.  Then I go to 3 nights in Bonn and 3 nights in Aachen before I go to Brussels to meet my brother and his wife.  The hotels with my brother in Brussels, London and Amsterdam were booked before I left.  The rest I had to do.  I have one stop left to do.  I am just waiting for the price to, hopefully, come down at the hotel where I want to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment