After leaving Köln I took the train to Bonn. I had never been there. The Bonn Hilton is beautiful and more than reasonable. It has a beautiful terrace but I did not get to use it because the weather was not good. There is not to much to see here in the way of sightseeing. I did got to the Egyptian Museum. The collection is small but it only costs 2€.
 |
| Bonn Hilton Terrase |
 |
| Bonn Beethoven Fest |
 |
| Bonn Rathaus |
This is more a walking- around- and- enjoying- a -leisurely- time city. And I did enjoy walking around. I ate some good food at a steak restaurant near to the hotel. It is not in the center and I found it on TripAdvisor. It is called Anno Tubac and is located in the Kolnstrasse. It was like a lokal and I felt welcomed and really enjoyed being there. I also had a few drinks at a place in the center called Sofia's. Again, very welcoming and nice.
From Bonn I went to Aachen. In Aachen I stayed at the Mercure an Dom. It is well located and the price was right but it was no Hilton. There was not to much service and there was something weird about the mattress and the pillows. But I had a good time anyway. The main site is of course the Cathedral. This was built by Charlemagne and has his throne in it. A combination ticket for a cathedral tour and the cathedral treasure museum was only 10€.
 |
| Aachen Cathedral |
 |
| Throne of Charlemagne |
My first night here I ate in a little Greek place called Büchel on the street of the same name. Very good! I sat and drank my wine and enjoyed. The next night I ate at a Mediterranean place called Aix Mediterrane in the Rommelsgasse. I loved it! I ate a Dorade Royal which was the special. This was a grilled whole fish and very delicious. It came with a good sized salad and potatos. I also drank a 0.5 l red wine. They could not have been nicer to me. and they gave me a Grappa at the end. >I love places like this.
I enjoyed my days in Aachen and would say to go there but there really is not much after the cathedral to see. so if you do not like simple walking around and eating and drinking this place is probably a day trip or a one-nighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment