I did go to the Pergamon Museum. It is the first time I have gone in a few years. The main building is getting an addition and renovation so you enter from the side and you can not see the actual Pegamon Alter. You can see the Babylon Walls and the Islamic collection - all good.
I also got to see the progress on the Berliner Schloss. I have watched this from the beginning! The first time I went to Berlin in 2002 the old Palais der Republik was still standing. This was the East German building for culture put up during communist days on the spot where the Hohenzollern Stadt Schloss stood for centuries. On my many returns to Berlin I have seen the Palais der Republik turn down and the area turned into a green space where people laid in the sun and played volleyball and frisbee. Then they began excavating to begin the redconstruction of the Berliner Schloss. The exterior is basically done but for the dome entrance and the landscaping.
No comments:
Post a Comment