Saturday, July 13, 2019

Weimar 2

       Well I have been here in Weimar for 2 weeks now.  After having a heat wave while I was in Berlin,  we had maybe two good days here and then the weather turned.  It has been cold and dank and rainy.   So of course that puts a damper on things since you really can't sit outside to eat and it's no fun being out in the evening and being cold.  It is especially disappointing because the annual Wine Fest began Thursday night.  I was there but in the rain, not as much fun.  I have not been back.  Tomorrow is the last day so maybe I will go again.
      I have eaten in my favorite restaurants.  I have been to India twice, (tonight!), Sachsische Hof, Texas, Bim Bim and of course Pomodoro multiple times.  They make the best Saltimbucca I have ever had.  I have only been to Schwarzburger Hof once!  Again, who wants to sit out on the terrace on a cold, rainy night?
     Anyway,  tonight I booked my hotel for my first short trip.  I will be in Gorlitz, Germany for 3 nights.  Gorlitz is on the border with Poland and is the furthest east in Germany one can go.  I have never been there and have read interesting things about it.  Everything I have read says it is beautiful and worth a visit.  I will be staying at the Romantik Hotel Tuchmacher.  I can write more about it once I am there.   Here's hoping for some sunny summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment