Saturday, July 6, 2019

Weimar I 2019

     I arrived in Weimar on July 1.  The trip here was, of course, easy.  Herr M-L was waiting for me and we had our usual encounter.  Since then the most exciting thing I have done is go to the theater.  The Deutsche National Theatre had "Drei Tage auf  dem Lande" - eine Komodie.  So I bought a ticket for the 4th row middle for 30 euro and went on Thursday night.  I enjoyed it.  It is always an enjoyable evening there.
     Other than that, I have been running in the park and going to my favorite restaurants for dinner.  So far, I have been to Texas (steaks), India, Pomodoro, Sachsisches Hof , and a new restaurant named al Dente.  I have been to Roxanne bar in the afternoon and in the evening and I have been to Schwartzburger Hof.  That of course is my "lokal" and I am concerned.  They took away the umbrellas and none of the usual people were there!  I hope it was just an odd night.  Next week is the Wine Fest and I have to decide if I want to go away that week or not.  I also got my hair cut.  Syriana is not there any more so I went to Akbar in the Graben.


No comments:

Post a Comment