Saturday, September 1, 2018

Munich 2018 - Day 1

     I arrived in Munich today.  I am sorry to leave Weimar but excited about this trip.  I took the train to Erfurt and then straight through to Munich.  It was an easy trip and it was quicker than I thought.  I took a taxi to the Hilton and arrived at about 13:00.  I checked in right away.  There was a problem yesterday with my reservation.  They asked me to check-in online and one option was to take the room they had picked for me, which I took.  I then find out they gave me a Twin room!!!  I had to write several emails to fix this because they just kept saying they couldn't CHANGE my reservation.  I did not want a change, I wanted the room I reserved and paid for on 30 May.  Eventually I had to send my copy of the confirmation to the hotel.  But when I got here all was well.
    This hotel is finally totally renovated.  But, they took away the old bar and instead there is a very nice bar but it is supposed to be a "happening" place.  There is only over priced bar food, and no other restaurant.  The prices for the drinks are ok but there is no tv anymore.  So I have to watch tennis on a bootleg website.  Roger Federer is playing Nick Kyrios.
      Last year when I was here at this time the weather was shit and today it is again.  It is dark, cold and rainy. I went up the street for italian for lunch after I checked-in and had a pastrami sandwich here.  I hope tomorrow is nicer.  If not I will go to the Alte Pinakothek.  I want at least one if not two nice, sunny days to walk around and look and drink beer and enjoy.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment