Saturday, September 8, 2018

Brussels_1 2018

     I left Munchen this morning at 9:30.  I went by train to Koln and then transferred and went to Brussels.  It was an easy, yet long trip.  I walked across the street from Gare Centrale to the Hilton Grand Place, where I am staying.  I showered and shaved and dressed and walked in the direction of the Grand Place.  I found a restaurant called Brussels Grill and ate there.  The food was good and the price was ok.  I stopped on the way back for a glass of wine at an out door bar and the price was not ok.  10 euro for a glass of Merlot!!  Oh well!  Now I am enjoying a few Stellas in the hotel bar.
      I had wanted to watch the Women's final at the US Open but no one here seems to know if it is on TV and I believe it will not be on till about 2:00 am Europe time.  I did get to speak a little of my bad French tonight.  At the restaurant the waiter did not speak English or Flemish or German.  So I muddled through and got what I wanted and he seemed to appreciate the effort.  He helped me with some words and seemed genuinely pleased when I gave him a whooping 3.60  euro tip which was just under 10% of the bill!  I love Europe!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment