Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Brussels _ 2

   Today was my last full day in Brussels.  I took the UBahn up to the park where they have several museums.  It was built by Leopald II for the 50th anniversary of the founding of Belgium.  I went ther to see the carving of Queen Ti.  She was the grand mother of the famous King Tut and led a very important life in Egypt at the time.  This carving is mentioned in books but it does not tell you that there are no signs so you  have to make your way through the Egyptian exhibit on the th.ird floor to find her.
   I went through some of the other exhibits and spent about 90 minutes there.  It is worth the walk and the time.  This museum is so large that I can not tell you all that is in there.
     Anyway, it was time well spent and after I visited various establishments before I went back to the hotel.   I am sad to leave and do not know if more time is the answer?


No comments:

Post a Comment