Friday, August 16, 2024
Weimar 2024 II
Today, 16 August, is my 21st day in Weimar. Everything has been as expected. I did go to the Stadtmuseum to see the special exhibit on the Grossherzogin Sophie. It was small but for someone like me who knows about these people and is interested in it, it was great. I mostly enjoy the old photos of Weimar because it is fun to look at them and see the places I know.
I have been running/walking in the park every day, which I enjoy. But at my age that means I need to come home, cool down, shower and take a nap! From here, on 29 August, I travel to Munchen for 8 nights. I have been there many, many times but it is still exciting. I look forward to eating in familiar places and finding new ones. It is the same here in Weimar. There really are no new places, but is very nice to return to the regular places and be welcomed back with a big smile and a "we haven't seen you in a while and are glad you are back".
I don't think I am going to make any "small" trips this year. There is no where new to go and for some reason I just don't feel like getting on a train and going off for 3 nights. Maybe it is age. Anyway, I am feeling at home and happy to be here. It is always satisfying to function in German without trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment