Monday, July 29, 2024

Weimar 2024

I arrived in Berlin on July 19. I had an 8 night stay and it was great. I took it easy and did not need to rush anywhere. Of course I went to the Gemalde Gallerie and there was a special exhibit on Franz Hals that was great. I also got over to see the Egyptian Museum. I ate at the same places I always do and 2 new places. I ate at Amrit restaurant in the Orenianburg Strasse. It serves Indian food and was good. It was pretty crowded and the service and food were fine. I have had better Indian food, meaning more tasty, but if you want basic Indian it is nice. I also ate at a new Italian restaurant it is called Amon and is in the Charlottenburg Strasse. Phenominal! A little pricey, but worth it. It is small and I made a reservation, online, for the same day. The service was great and the food was incredible. On 27 July I arrived at my apartment in Weimar. Always nice to get back here. After 15 years, it feels like home. There is really nothing new going on here, and for the last 3 days I have just been taking it easy. I did buy some underwear and went today to Akbar's to get a haircut. I am only staying here for 5 weeks so I have no plans, yet, to take a week-end trip. But we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment