Monday, September 4, 2023

Nuremberg 2023

       Well I spent my 3 nights in Nuremberg!  The trip down was easy and quicker than I anticipated.  Naturally, I had to go to Erfurt first, but I was at the Hauptbahnhof here early so I arrived in Erfurt with plenty of time to have a coffee and then get the train, straight to Nuremberg.  Only about 1 hour 40 minutes!  I stayed at the Park Plaza Radisson which is across from the train statio and very easy to walk to.

Nuremberg Room

    I went on the Stadtsrundfuhrung given through the Tourist Office.  It was very interesting and took us all over.  It did not go up to the fortress!  The Guide was very good and knew what she was talking about as well as being entertaining.  I also went to the Germanisches Nationalmuseum.  It is very large and has a very nice, interesting and full collection going from pre-historic times to the 20th century.

      

Germanisches Nationalmuseum

Historic fountain in main square

     I ate at 3 great places.  The first was an Italian place called Cucina Italiana.  The special that day was Bronzino so I had that which came with a salad.  Great!  I also had a pre-dinner Negroni, a glass of Montepulciano, a tafelwasser and a grappa.  The servers were efficient and friendly.

     The next night I ate at Goldenes Posthorn which is obviously a German place.  I sat outside and had what they call Schauferle.  That is pork shoulder with the fat cooked very crispy on top.  I didn't know it until it arrived but I have had this before and if you like pork it is incredible.  I also had a local beer - Tucher.

     The last night I could not find the place I was looking for so I ate at Travolta - another Italian place but more of a pizzaria and the pizza I had was great.  It had some sort of Italian salami that had a unique taste and I loved it.

      My  trip home was also very smooth and easy.  I had gotten the round-trip ticket before I left so I just had to get up and go.  I am glad I went, I think I was there a long time ago, and I am glad I went


No comments:

Post a Comment