Saturday, September 16, 2023

Munich 2023

       Sept. 16, 2023

     It is Saturday night and I arrived here on Tuesday.  The trip down was an easy one, first to Erfurt, of course, and then to Munich with only 3 stops.  My room was ready and I checked-in quickly.  Tuesday night I had a reservation at Piazzetta up the street.  It was nice and the Italian was as good as anywhere.  But the service, while friendly, was a little slow.  I had a salad and a pasta dish and I was there at least an hour before I had my pasta.  I was in no rush but it was still a little annoying.

      Wednesday I went to the Altes Pinakothek.  As wonderful as ever.  I spent about 2 hours there.  The cafe is different in that they don't have all the delicious cakes on display anymore so I skipped it.  I went down to Platzl  and had a beer at Guiness when it torrentially poured.  

      Thursday I went to the Barisches National Museem and spent about 2 hours there.  I walked there and then downtown.  I tried to stop at Spaten for a beer but they said at noon you have to eat, so I said no.  There was a woman at the next table with her dog.  I said hello to the dog before I sat down and then as I was leaving the woman spoke to me.  I knew she said her husband was coming and I though she was offering for me to sit at her table so I could  have my beer.  But it became obvious that she wanted to leave to get her husband and was asking me to stay at her table with her beer and her dog!  I gladly did!

     Yesterday I used my phone to find the post office and mailed cards.  I stopped in Frauen Kirche and had a beer around the corner.  Today I went to Konigplatz and went to the Glyptotek and the Staatliche Antikensammlung.  I walked back and stopped at Hard Rock, outside, for 2.

     On Wednesday night I had a reservation at El Gaucho.  I found it last year and it is a good steak house.  Last night I went down town to eat and found a place on Sendlinger Strasse.  I had rostbraten with a salad and cabbage salad and Kloss and it was tremendous.  Thursday night I went to Wirthaus in Braunauer Hof.  That is the place I used to eat at, not Wirthaus in der Au!  Ausgezeichnet!

     I did not know that Octoberfest began today!  I was never here this late in the Fall.  There are a lot of tourists wearing Bavarian Tracht and making a lot of noise.  So tonight I am only going down the street to the Indian place.  Hopefully no one is there!



No comments:

Post a Comment